While students, children & families are spending more time at home during the COVID outbreak, parents are taking on the full-time childcare and education of their children. United Way is here to bring a virtual ray of sunshine, by providing a platform for online storytime! Volunteers, you can submit a short video of yourself reading your favorite childhood storybook for United Way's Learning Spaces, serving Pre-K children in Atlanta's red zones. We encourage you to be creative and, most of all, have fun!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR VIDEO
· Choose a quiet & clean area indoors to film. Limit all distractions that could impact audio or visual quality.
· Film using a smartphone or digital video camera on a steady surface.
· Film horizontally.
· Speak clearly.
· Practice reading your book aloud until you feel confident with your words.
· Start by introducing yourself: “Hi, my name is (your name), and I’m here to read (book title) on behalf of United Way of Greater Atlanta. This book is written by (author)”.
· Get into character by using fun voices, props & costumes.
· Show the pictures in the book as you are reading.
· Be sure to read at a pace in which the audience can follow along.
· Review your video to ensure your face & the book can be seen clearly, audio quality is good, and there are no visual distractions.
Readers should choose books appropriate for ages 0-5. Visit Good Reads for recommendations.
Use this link to submit your finished video: https://www.dropbox.com/request/xXxI5J2COeipETDKijc4
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org