2-1-1 Connects Alabama is a statewide network of regional call centers whose mission is to provide easy access to health and human services available throughout Alabama. The 2-1-1 Call Center Intern will be responsible for taking incoming calls on the 2-1-1 line. He/she will also be responsible for logging caller information and ensuring callers are routed to the appropriate resources. Qualified intern should understand the importance of client confidentiality and will be expected to adhere to the organization’s confidentiality policies. This is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge of community resources and become familiar with a variety of nonprofit organizations and their missions.
United Way of Central Alabama’s office hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Main responsibilities include the following:
· Answer incoming calls, including times when the call volume is high
- Record caller information into a database
- Work as a team with existing 2-1-1 staff
- Assist 2-1-1 staff at various outreach events in the community
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate is comfortable spending a large portion of office time on the phone and is passionate about helping others. Some helpful skills include the following:
· Social work or similar interest
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Ability to work in a call center in a team environment
· Demonstrate empathy